Soundside does DITA.
DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) is an XML-based architecture for authoring, producing, and delivering information.
DITA is used for various publications, primarily related to education, training and documentation, including:
- help manuals
- software user guides
- technical reference guides
- service, repair and maintenance manuals
- FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
- policy and procedure manuals
- terms and conditions
Fundamentally, DITA works best with textual data that lends itself to being structured, perhaps consisting of sequences of steps, concepts, walkthroughs, how-to’s, and demonstrations.
Soundside helps companies:
- convert structured information into DITA
- convert unstructured information to DITA
- deliver their new or existing DITA content through a variety of presentation media, including:
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format)
- Adobe FrameMaker
- the World Wide Web
- web meeting, collaboration platforms, and desktop-sharing technologies including
- Adobe Connect
- Cisco WebEx
- Microsoft Windows Live Meeting
- Citrix GoToMeeting
The beauty and power of using DITA is:
- DITA provides structure to your information, promoting reuse and clarity of structure
- DITA allows the same content to be presented via a variety of presentation media, simply by varying the translation processor
Soundside combines its extensive experience in developing for these and other various presentation media with DITA expertise and an ability to organize data into a powerful consulting practice area. Additionally, we’ve developed software products that perform common DITA tasks.
Contact Soundside with any DITA questions or to learn how Soundside can help your organization benefit from using DITA.